Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

As each season peeks its head around the corner I am reminded of why I love living in Canada. As much as I enjoy fall (and winter for that matter) it's just awesome to swap heavy winter boots for rubbies and runners, to put away the hats and mitts and pull out the helmets and knee pads and to finally see all of those neighbours who have been hibernating for the past 5 months. We've had some beautiful, sunny weekends recently so have taken advantage of every moment to get outside. Our first trip to the park this season was still chilly enough to require winter duds but was fun nonetheless.




One of the expressions heard pretty much daily in the Carvalho household is "monkey see, monkey do!" as Lexi just idolizes her big brother and wants to do everything that he does. We thought Ian was pretty adventurous and rambunctious but Lex gives new meaning to the word fearless. Ian has moved from simple scootering to "tricks" and his little sister isn't far behind.
Note the air!It's remarkable how good she is at it considering the fact that she's not even 2 yet. If you can look at this picture without laughing I'll give you 5 bucks.


Our goal this spring was to get rid of the training wheels on Ian's bike so he would be ready to keep up with Nick and Mike up at Sauble this year. He was pretty reluctant to give it a go but in usual Ian fashion he got it on his second try. I have a vivid memory of doing this exact same thing behind Luke on his little green bike about 29 years ago and feeling the same sense of pride as I slowly let go of the seat....

We're still working on the stops and starts!As usual, Alexa was not going to be left behind, she's working on mastering her tricycle.












Man, these 2 crack me up. Cam says these expressions are the epitome of their personalities - Ian the reserved smile and Lexi the crazy, full out ear to ear grin.


One of the added bonuses of Spring this year is the return of cousin Ciel, these three can't get enough of each other. It's so exciting to see their budding friendships.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

OMG, I can totally imagine Lexi being THAT girl! I know how energetic Ian is, I can only imagine Monkey Lexi is right along side her cool bro!

LOVE Ian catching AIR! Unreal!

Ah! I was totally laughing at that photo of Lexi before I read the $5 comment! So awesome! Zipping by!

Oh you've gotta be one brave mama!

Ciel! So cute seeing them all together! How awesome you are all back together again!

Great photos Erin!